Home textiles include the following finished articles:
Home Textile products are an important part of daily life. we are dealing with some of these products.
- Aprons: It is an outer protective garment that covers primarily the front of the body. It used for hygienic reasons as well as in order to protect clothes from wear and tear.
- Potholder: used to hold hot or cold kitchen vessels like pans, pots, etc. Its generally made up of polyester or P/C blend.
- Mittens: gloves used in the kitchen to handle the hot vessels. Gloves have separates heats or openings for each finger and the thumb.
- Dish clothes: Dishcloths used to wipe, clean and dry dishes. They made a wide variety of absorbent fabrics.
- Bath towels:
- The Bath towels are used for bathing and the most required bathroom accessory. A bath towel is a piece of absorbent fabric whose chief use is for drying the body, by drawing moisture, usually water into the fabric, through direct contact, with either blotting or rubbing motion.
- Bath mats:
- A bath mat is a use on the floor of a bathroom to provide a warm non-slip surface and to absorb small amounts of water, much like a towel.
- Bath mats are similar but smaller than bath rugs. its kept in front of a tub shower, or vanity to serve as an insulator or slip-resistant surface.
- Bath rugs: Bathroom rugs are an inexpensive and excellent way to give new life to any bathroom and allow creative freedom without going to the extent of putting a fresh coat of paint on the walls.
- Face towels:
- Face towels are the smaller version of bath towels. Used to wipe the face after washing its also used as a handkerchief.